Maximizing functional capacity...
Established in the early 1990's the Saint Francis Hand Therapy Clinic is staffed by certified hand therapists and experienced occupational and physical therapists. The staff provides individualized comprehensive care for persons with traumatic, post-surgical and repetitive strain injuries of the upper extremity. The team emphasizes psychological healing and symptom management through a variety of methods, including therapeutic exercise, postural assessment and body mechanics education.
Specialized services include the following:
- Evaluation and treatment of post-traumatic/surgical injuries and repetitive strain injuries
- Evaluation and treatment of the cervical spine as it relates to chronic upper extremity disorders
- Wound and scar management
- Edema management
- Custom splint fabrication
- Therapeutic use of heat, cold, ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Manual therapy
- Biofeedback for movement re-education
- Ergonomic work-site evaluations
- Training in alternative techniques
Referrals are made by a treating physician and are accompanied by a current prescription for hand therapy.
Location: 900 Hyde Street, 1st Floor
Telephone No.: (415) 353-6277
Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (alternate appointment times as needed)