Improve your breathing and take charge of your health...
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a preventative health program designed for individuals who live with persistent breathing problems. The goal of the program is to provide information and training so that each participant can manage their health more effectively.
Our multidisciplinary team includes a pulmonary physician, behavioral specialists, nutritionists, along with physical, occupational and respiratory therapists. Together they will develop a plan that addresses each participant's needs.
The program includes:
- Patient evaluation and individualized plan of care
- Education and skills training
- Supervised exercise
- Development of a home exercise program
- Emotional and social support
Program benefits include:
- Improved symptom control, including a reduction of shortness of breath, fatigue and anxiety
- Improved exercise tolerance and ability to perform activities of daily living
- Improved understanding of pulmonary disease and treatment options
- Improved quality of life
Enrollment in the Pulmonary Rehabilitation program requires a physician referral. Medicare and many insurance providers reimburse for these services.
900 Hyde Street, Lower Level
San Francisco, CA 94109