Our Summer Volunteer Program is currently full and we are not able to accept
anymore applications except for the following areas:
—Rally Visitation Services
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities for Fall 2013, you may complete
an application and fax or mail to us by August 31, 2013, to be considered for
orientation in September. Our fax number is 415-441-2135.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Volunteer’s Office
at 415-353-6655. Thank you.
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
900 Hyde Street, 1st Floor
Volunteering at Saint Francis is a rewarding way to help in your community and learn more about the health care environment. Volunteers work in a variety of areas in the hospital and get first hand experience of the health care industry.
- Patient Services/Nursing Units
- Physical/Occupational Therapy
- Same Day Surgery Waiting Room
- Emergency Department
- Rally Family Visitation Services
- Information Desk
- Coffee Cart/Flower Cart
Benefits for Volunteers:
We would like to extend our thanks to you for taking an interest in Saint Francis Memorial Hospital. We realize that your time is given freely and there are several small ways we would like to thank you:
- Validated parking in the Saint Francis Memorial Hospital Garage, 1234 Pine Street
- Discounts on meals/free coffee or tea
- Discounts in the hospital Gift Shop
- Use of Medical Library
- Costs of transportation and uniforms may be claimed as charitable contributions and are tax deductible (subject to the regulations of the Tax Reform Act of 1987)
- Volunteers are honored through recognition events *
- Volunteers are eligible to apply for the Saint Francis Auxiliary Scholarship
- Must be 14 years of age
- Must commit to 100 hours of service
- Complete the application process, including an interview, orientation, background check, and PPD.
To create opportunities that inspire people to grow and develop while complementing and enriching patient care.
For more information on volunteering at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, contact the Community and Volunteer Services Office at 415-353-6655.